Being an Italian food lover, I've tried Italian food at various places... Dominos; Pizza Hut are not considered Italian. More like American fast food.
Hence, I love trying actual Italian food at various locations. Restaurants in a mall aren't normally expected to serve anything more than standard & quick fare, with very rare bursts of quality taste. During my recent visit to Pune, I came across this small restaurant called Italy Live and it an absolute pleasant surprise!
Here is my feedback on this place:
1. Location: Tucked away on one of the upper floors of the mall, the restaurant looks a bit small from outside but the space arrangement has been done very well & looked like it could easily seat a fair number of guests.
2. Menu: The spread of the menu was vast for a mall based restaurant with a good number of veg & non-veg items. It looked like a very comprehensive menu
3. Food: Me and my family ( a group of 10) ordered a fair mix of veg & non-veg starters & main course. As per my wife, their Gustoso Crostini was really great considering we asked them to repeat the order. Their pizzas & pastas (we tried around 2-3 of each) were nice and the sauce blends whether cream or tomato based were made really well.
Even though we ordered quite a few dishes, we didn't get the heavy feeling that you would normally associate with restaurant food.
4. Service: A self service restaurant with a live counter, service is definitely expected, but they really made things easy for us. Guess, going on a weekday afternoon after the lunch crowd had already left, really helped.
5. Price: Considering the quality, quantity of food ordered & the portion size of each item, I was really expecting a huge bill for our party of 10, but once again was pleasantly surprised! This restaurant is total value for money!
Overall Feedback: An absolute value for money place with great food quality. Will definitely be going there again the next time I'm in Pune!