Well, I know we all value inflow of foreign currency into the country, but Leopold Cafe made me experience what I usually go through in Goa, the Brown Skin Attitude. Shantaram went a long way in hyping this place up, but ALAS!!! the ground reality is below:
In all the times, I have visited Leopolds, I can count on my fingertips the number of times I have had good service meted to me upstairs. The captains wholly dedicate their attention and service to the "Firangs" that frequent the place here. Orders are given faster, their drinks come faster and the attitude towards them is way better than what I have received in the past.
On 1 occasion, a German tourist with his better half, seated behind me, who ordered 15 mins after I had placed my order, received their order; and I had to wait another 15 mins till my drinks arrived. By then, their drinks had arrived along with finger food.
If you have to place an order in the evening post 7pm. ALL THE BEST. Guess you will have to scream TERRORIST in there to get their attention. The captains and the waiters are least bothered about the normal folks who come here and concentrate wholly on the Expats and Firangs who are present.
If the management is reading this review, kindly note the below points:
1) YOU ARE IN INDIA!!!! guess you have forgotten that. Being one of the oldest places in Colaba, this kind of amateurish behavior of your staff doesnt say a lot about the kind of mentality they have. Your an Indian, respect your fellow people. All they care for is to make sure "Foreigners" are happy and we have to twiddle our thumbs in the hope of good service. Unprofessional and a lacklusture attitude towards you guests.
2) In the hospitality industry, your guests are your bread and butter. You are in existence because we come there and we pay. If you think Indians cant pay as well as others, wake up dude
3) Think it is high time you wake up and address this issue. Being made to feel like an outcast in your own country is the most pathetic feeling to have. I guess you wont understand the same till you go through it. If you are so inclined to be more hospitable and wanna give better service to only foreigners, then my advice and suggestion, convert Leo's Square into a Firang only zone, since thats all you care for.
- 0 for the service and staff attitude
- 2 for the ambience. You DJ believes we all are deaf and for heavens sake when he is not there.. PLAY A GODDAMN NEW CD. I have the playlist memorized and me and my girl have a competition who can remember the next song in line.. Like jeez. and this is been happening for over a year now
- 3 for the food. I like your food. Especially the Beef Chilly Dry,
the best in the city
- 2.5 on the overall experience
I sincerely hope if the Management of Leopold Cafe ever read this, request them to put in more time into training your staff to attend all customers and not be RACIST. Are we in an apartheid regime in India?
For your convenience, have shared this feedback with numerous regular patrons here and most of them share my view. Staff attitude reflects management's attitude. Thats all I have to say. Just hoping the next time I do visit Leopold ( and I havent in a while due to this racist attitude) some corrective measures will be taken.
the below comments posted by fellow burrpers cant be wrong.. just backs what i have just written down.. and frankly I can personally assure you that here are tons of people who have had the same experience. I would love the Management to reply to the same. I am sure and supremely confident that the Management doesnt EVEN bother to read. WHAT CAN THEY REPLY!