On Saturday 7th May, we went to Coastal Junction for lunch. Now, I am the kind of person who can eat absolutely ANYTHING. However, this place has no value for money and whats worse is that I now have food poisoning.
We ordered a Potato Stew with regular Appams, a Spicy Fish Curry with Egg Appams, Bhatkal Mutton Biryani and the most horrible Rava Fried Prawns as starters.
When the Prawns were brought to the table, I was stunned at the frugality of the dish with the prices. That one prawn dish was priced at around Rs. 350 and what was served was 5 prawns. Just 5! As soon as it came to the table, I knew something was wrong. It smelt funny. Nevertheless, knowing that it is rated well by other foodies, an award by the Times and never have eaten a "Rava" prawn dish before, we took the leap.
All through yesterday, I was unusually gassy! At around 3.45 this morning, I woke up covered in sweat with a stabbing pain in my stomach. Loose stomach and terrible pain. I was in the emergency room by 6 on Sunday morning for an injection. I am going to report this place to the Health Department of the BBMP and other relevant authorities.
Not only is this place a rip-off (financially) but it poisons you!
DON'T GO HERE EVER!!!
PS: I have the bill, hospital receipts and doctors report if somebody wishes to challenge my review.